When a third-party application uses the Boligmappa web service to upload a document to a property, the workflow will be as follows.
- Find a property
Based on name/address information available in the third-party application
- If choosing LookupPropertyByAddress returns 0 results, the name/address information provided by the third-party app needs to be verified/corrected. We have also seen examples where a lack of consistency in official registers results in 0 records returned, even if the input is correct.
- If more than 1 result is returned, the third-party application will typically return a list, and the user can select the correct record.
Based on cadastre (NO: matrikkel) information available in the third-party application
- If the property address is unavailable, but the cadastre is known, choosing LookupPropertyByMatrikkel will retrieve the property information.
Based on Boligmappa number
- If the Boligmappa number of the property is available in the third-party application, choosing GetPlantByBoligmappaNumber will retrieve the property information.
When looking for an already existing Plant (Plant is a work-space)
- If Boligmappa number, cadastre or address are unknown, and a user is looking for a Plant created by his company, choosing GetAllPlants will return property and Plant information for all Plants created by the company’s authorized users.
Creating a Plant (Plant is a work-space) in the Boligmappa system using the information returned from the LookupPropertyByAddress service:
Option 1. Most common user scenario. Create a plant/work-space on the living space (apartment, house, cabin, etc).
- Select CreatePropertyPlant to create a Plant/work-space.
- Please note: cadastre information must be provided. The more additional information is provided, the more efficient the search for the property will be. For regular and sectioned properties, it is usually possible to create the Property Plant by using only the cadastre. When this is not sufficient, the user will be asked to provide more details such as address, unit number and building number. For housing cooperative shares, the user must provide either 1) share number and organization number, or 2) address, unit number and building number, along with the cadastre. Of these two, alternative 1) is more efficient.
Option 2. Create plant/work-space on the building, common area. Work on buildings without a living space (property plant) or common area in Housing Cooperative buildings. Information will be available for the board of directors in the company that owns the building or the Housing Cooperative. Option 2 is not a valid scenario to use for homes, cabins or inside an apartment with property owners.
- Select CreateBuildingPlant to create a Building Plant, and fill in the cadastre information.
- Submit document(s) for the selected Plant by choosing SendDocumentsToPlan
- Use information returned from LookupPropertyByAddress, CreatePropertyPlant or CreateBuildingPlant in order to link the document to the correct property. NOTE: Select GetChapterTags to retrieve the chapter tags that are needed for SendDocumentToPlant to add the documents to the correct chapter in Boligmappa.
- It is also possible to select GetRoomsForProperty to add the document to a specific room.
If the property does not exist as a Plant in Boligmappa, or the input parameter details are incorrect, then SendDocumentsToPlant will result in an error message.
IMPORTANT: The Boligmappa number is returned by LookupPropertyByAddress if the property already exists in Boligmappa system or CreatePropertyPlant and CreateBuldingPlant. We recommend that third-party applications store this in the database for future use when sending documents etc. to the same property.